There was no UFC or Bellator installment this week, which would lead you to believe that there was no news. But alas, there’s always news! With UFC 162 slated for next Saturday, some of the news was about the champ and his challenger, and some of it was about UFC newcomers and never-weres. Here, then, are a collection of haikus pertaining to what happened in MMA in the last seven days. Why haikus? Because Japanese poetry is where it’s at. Also, limericks are much tougher to think up.
- War Machine ponders/ “What if Dana White were gay?“/ Dude, what’s wrong with you?
- Eddie Alvarez/ is going to be 80/ when he fights again.
- Obligatory/ Chris Weidman hype abounds. Meanwhile,/ Silva speaks English.
- TUF is coming to/ China. I guess that means we/ hate China now, right?
- Dave Herman smokes so/ much weed, he sometimes forgets/ to smoke weed. Tehe.
- Shamrock, Warren and/ Couture are coaches on Fight/ Master because why?
- Spike signed GLORY to/ a deal. I guess that means no/ Spong in UFC?