Good the fuck for you, Canada.
Rumors are unavoidable if you’re a sports fan, but MMA takes it to an entirely different level. As a blogger (every time I say or type that, I can feel my unemployment flaring up), it’s imperative that you not jump on every story with both feet, lest the damn thing disappear or invert itself while you’re ankle deep. After much frantic fretting over the possibility that insurance costs would eliminate UFC 115 as the first ever card in British Columbia, Maggie Hendricks calms everyone down:
“Our Canadian fans are among the most loyal and enthusiastic in the world, and we are thrilled to bring the UFC to Vancouver,” said Dana White, UFC President. “We want to thank Mayor Gregor Robertson and our partners at Canucks Sports and Entertainment for helping to make UFC 115 become the first UFC event in British Columbia.”
As an Avalanche fan, let me just say that I’m disgusted that Zuffa would work with anything affiliated to the Vancouver Canucks and I will now officially have a lobotomy in preparation for my conversion to Zuffa hater. Fuck Todd Bertuzzi.
Full (dank) card line-up after the fold.
* Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz (or Randy or Rich or something, might as well be TBA)
* Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipović vs. Pat Barry
* Martin Kampmann vs. Paulo Thiago
* Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
* Tyson Griffin vs. Evan Dunham
* Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel
* Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman
* James Wilks vs. Peter Sobotta
* Mike Pyle vs. Jesse Lennox
* Claude Patrick vs. TBA