Strikeforce Challengers 13 is happening tonight in Nashville, and we’ve got some boots on the ground there to cover it. For the rest of you, Showtime is doing another free preview weekend running from today until Monday so you can check it out too. Hey, we all know they’re giant sluts after the gangbanging M-1 gave them, so why shouldn’t they give us a little taste of something too?
A funny thing has been happening with these Challengers cards – because Strikeforce doesn’t have enough room on their main shows for half their big names, they now have a queue of pretty solid talent toiling away on these cards. Tonight’s show has the following people you should start giving a crap about:
Julia Budd: This Canadian is probably next in line for a beating from Cris Cyborg, and is one of the first real 145 pounders the champ will have to take on – she cuts down from 158 freaking pounds! In addition to a solid kickboxing record including a win over Gina Carano, she also has abs the size of softballs.
Ovince St. Preux: His last two wins have been decisions, but only because the refs in the fights decided they’d rather see Ovince punch his opponents 200 unanswered times in the face rather than stop the fight. He made Benji Radach look silly, and you know how I loves my Benji. He looks like he might become a serious player in Strikeforce’s 205 division, which would be a good thing if Mauro Ranallo and the gang weren’t obsessed with screaming OSP OSP OSP every time he fights.
Daniel Cormier: He came in fourth in the 2004 Olympics and was the wrestling team captain for 2008 before a pesky case of KIDNEY FAILURE kept him from competing. Lest you think he’s one of those boring wrestler dudes, he’s had six finishes in six fights.
Tyron Woodley: I don’t know why I’m a hater of Woodley – probably because he comes from the earlier age of Challenger shows where they tried to oversell everyone. A fight with Tarec Saffiedine should be a good challenge to see if he deserves the hype or not.
Strikeforce Challengers 13 is on tonight (Friday) at 11pm EST and we will have a chat up for it! The full card is after the jump.
- Tarec Saffiedine vs. Tyron Woodley
- Devin Cole vs. Daniel Cormier
- Ron “Abongo” Humphrey vs. Ovince St. Preux
- Julia Budd vs. Amanda Nunes
- Rhadi Ferguson vs. John Richard
- Casey Huffman vs. John Salter
- Matt Horning vs. Dustin Ortiz
- Daniel Schmitt vs. Dustin West
- Stoney Hale vs. Gerric Hayes
- Chris Coggins vs. Chris Wright
- Thomas Campbell vs. Jeremy Wallace
- Chris Barnhizer vs. Karl Willis
- Josh Jarvis vs. Luke Sanders
- Charles McTorry vs. Krishaun Gilmore
- Jason Blackford vs. Jeremy Boczulak
- Steven Durr vs. Dave Hurst*
- Josh Phelps vs. Randy Shores*
- Dusty Gibbs vs. Cory Robinson*