twitter google

I’m not saying Jones isn’t

Home Forums MMA Related Shogun I’m not saying Jones isn’t

I’m not saying Jones isn’t good. I’m saying that fight had more to do with Shogun coming in injured (or something) than Jones utterly killing him. That’s all. Jones didn’t look that impressive as Shogun did just bad. Watch shoguns fights. Hell, don’t even watch all of them, just watch these four–Liddell, Lyoto (either), then compare those fights to his fights with coleman and forrest. Who did he resemble? He threw like two fucking strikes in that fight. Looked a lot like he did against Forrest, except Jones is one of the best in the world, and coming in injured to a fight is a terrible idea.

Notice how i never mentioned pride or any of his pride fights? Fuck his pride career, it’s completely irrelevant for his career now.

I don’t think Jon Jones has improved leaps and bounds. He has excellent top control and really good take downs. Other than that, he utilizes his reach pretty well and throws unorthodox strikes that generally prove to be pretty useless. His spinning back elbow and spinning back kick did nothing but get an oooh and aaaah from the crowd. He did his damage in the clinch and on the ground.

I don’t know why it’s so unbelievable to think that a guy who has blown out both his knees in the last 2 years, and has came in injured to 3 of his last 5 fights could possible have shown up for this fight injured too.