twitter google

Atheists

Home Forums Everything else Atheists

This topic contains 180 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Millertime 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 181 total)
  • Author

dulljake

Denying the Holy Spirit is pretty much a ticket straight to hell according to the New Testament. It also claims that disease comes from demons, so next time you’re sick, forget conventional medicine: get an exorcist instead!

Omomatta

I’m just planning on hanging out and doing my own thing until the world starts to end. After that I plan on going to confession and being absolved of my sins so I can party with the rest of the criminals…..the way it should be.

glassjawsh

jake needs to stop denying the existence of metaphors

subo

^ Do you mean like Jonah and the Whale, or where they wrote that it was ok to publicly stone a rebellious teenage son

YR – Agreed on K-1 (even with the shitty rules changes, I love em). That doesn’t mean you don’t believe in something made up.

Omomatta

Dude….why are you making such a fuss…95% of rebellious teenage sons are already stoned.

glassjawsh

@subo – it takes just as much faith to believe in nothing as it does in something. with all of your scientific evidence you still have about as much chance as knowing as the rest of us. so stop acting like a dick to people who chose to believe something that can’t be disproven

Jawsh, he’s not acting.

ThePageboy

I wish this thread hadn’t gone the direction of stereotyping atheists as in-your-face missionaries against God. I don’t believe in a God but that is because no one can prove God(s) exist to me. This works the other way also, though. There is no way I can disprove the existence of a ‘higher power.’ The cause of the debate between atheism and religion is, unfortunately, misconstrued as the broad topic of “Science.” Scientific journals with sources and studies listed are published under the scrutiny of every scientist and as an accessible resource. If there is a flaw in a scientific study or experiment, it is open to be pointed out. Science is not only based on method, logic, quantitative measure/analysis, and evidence; it is based on the participation of the world to keep its statements factual. Telling someone that their belief structure is baseless is absurd and certainly not “Science’s” fault. In turn, the idea that science would pervert its system to only pursue information around the beliefs of one religion or another. This, unfortunately, is what most faiths want from science. Islam would alter the scientific journals differently from Christianity and both would revise in ways incomparable to Zoroastrianism; so on and so forth. The largest problem in the debate between religion and science is the overwhelming lack in the public knowledge of what science is and how it works.
    For people who debate the validity of scientific findings: base it on something substantial and the disproof of the current evidence.
    For people who push their views on each other, atheist or religious: the decision to believe is up to the individual, regardless of evidence, so shut the fuck up before I Ezekiel choke you with my lab coat.

subo

Jawsh – that’s crazy. Claiming ignorance of something isn’t having “faith” in it. It’s refusing to have faith in it either way. Could there be a God? Gods? Of course – but it is my LACK of faith in them that makes me an atheist.

glassjawsh

since it cannot be proven either way, you have to have faith that they don’t exist

technically, we’re both right. 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.

im irritated about this topic and am willing to let it die, im just going to have to develop some thicker skin about God and realize that when you say that people are idiots you don’t specifically mean the people i know. and if you do, you’re going to burn in hell for it anyhow

Omomatta

Honestly I’m surprised to see that you’re so touchy Jawshy. And clearly, everyone that I have ever known is going to be in hell with me, per that book…..so at least I’ll have company.

G Funk

I’m not surprised that the thumper got touchy. He became a borderline psycho with regards to Top five albums list! As much as he wants to distance himself from the likes and stereotypes of his surroundings, he is ONE OF THEM!

Burn?

frickshun

ThePageBoy–>you’re way too smart & articulate to be a Jackal. Get the fuck back to BloodyRainbow or PopSci…..

since it cannot be proven either way, you have to have faith that they don’t exist

Logical fallacy. We merely would have to entertain the possibility they exist – similar to aliens. I’ve never seen one, so I do not know they exist, but I have no certainty they do not. Faith is a leap of hope beyond the evidence present. Pessimism would be believing they do not exist until proven otherwise.

And yer right, thicker skin would be a useful trait to evolve if you’re staying a jackal.

Good discussion Jackals. Now where’s MY FORUMS???

Omomatta

JESUS TOOK IT AWAY FOREVERS!!!!!!! SINNERS!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Fightlinker

Archives