twitter google

Atheists

Home Forums Everything else Atheists

This topic contains 180 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Millertime 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 181 total)
  • Author

It’s two different POVs trying to change the world for the better. Either POV saying the other should’nt voice itself is the problem I’m bothered by.

I have no problem with arguing FOR stem cell research, but being condescending to people who have the opposite POV just taints the argument.

And taking current knowledge/beliefs as gospel is just as stupid as taking older knowledge/beliefs as gospel. All were compiled by rotting monkeys, are prone to error, and should be taken with a grain of salt. In other words, not a reason to be condescending to people who don’t believe what you do or argue for things they believe in.

For the Record: I’m pro abortion (my Moms almost died during the early 70s), pro-sex-ed, and pro-stem cell research. I ate three fetuses just to get to work this morning. I just want the guys arguing for my positions to do it well.

Now back to gay-n-pray jokes.

subo

Oh dear sweet Christ.

Claiming ignorance of things that we are intrinsically ignorant of is fair. Claiming knowledge of said things is unfair. Telling people that they don’t know is fair. Telling people that you DO know is unfair. Dawkins isn’t calling for a fucking Crusades redux where we run rampant over Jerusalem distributing books by him and Hitchens. It has nothing to do with “give it to them as good as they give it to us.” THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE, since we admit prima facie that we could be wrong.

And yes, I will condescend to self-righteous assholes that seek to derail medical research that could save my kid’s lives some day because they’re fucking squeamish about blastocysts. Don’t like the treatment? Don’t take it – otherwise, STFU and get out of science’s way.

iamphoenix

hold up, i’m left handed. does this mean we’re breaking up?

Letibleu

Hitler had a pretty well thought out list too. He was very invested in his list. We only talk about the #1 slot on his list, but it was much longer than that #1 slot.

Bin Laden also has a list. His is very straight forward.

George Bush and friends had a list as well. The difference with their list is we found out it was fictional. Many people lost their lives because of this particular list. Many more lives than the list Bin Laden had. Most of those lives are ‘over there’ so it does not matter. Right?

Fuck lists.

And yes, I will condescend to self-righteous assholes that seek to derail medical research that could save my kid’s lives some day because they’re fucking squeamish about blastocysts. Don’t like the treatment? Don’t take it – otherwise, STFU and get out of science’s way.

Subo – you saved me a lot of writing. Thanks man.

frickshun

Emo fags. All of you.

Millertime

I knew this would turn into a pissing match of proof my beliefs are right. I was trying to say nobody should give a fuck about anybodies beliefs. Then it turned into an argument why my side is better than your side. I don’t give a fuck about either side.

We’re here because we’re here

still the best argument out there, and while I do acknowledge that there are some decent left handed people out there.

I still want them to go back to their country, is that too much to ask. Now allow me toe dip my to in this who sucks more:pro god vs anti god people.

Obama lifted the ban on stem cell research.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/09/obama-administration-stem-cell-funding

so stop laying some Bush administraton bullshit that Obama fixed on the feet of all religious people plz.

Then it turned into an argument why my side is better than your side.

Actually it turned into “why one guy on my side is hurting my side” I’m a born-n-bred atheist. I just don’t like Dawkins’ style sometimes.

But lefties need to take their ‘special’ notebooks and blow em out their asses.

G Funk

OK what? This argument turned into mumbling gibberish.

Fightlinker

There’s tons of fossils, transitional and otherwise, which support the theory of evolution. It’s actually quite amazing how detailed the fossil records are considering how few bones become fossilized and how fewer are actually found.

Anyways, I figure we all agree with eachother on about 98% of everything in the world, that extra 2% is tricky and contentious indeed but we don’t have to dwell on it. Let’s all get back onto something we can all agree on: Lyoto Machida sucking ;-D

frickshun

Atheism gets more hits than posts about all 5 UFC champs combined. Okay fine…..7 classes as of 1/1/11.

Jim

I think this guy sums it up pretty well:
    http://www.thegoodatheist.net/2010/11/23/god-loves-the-stupid/

subo

Darwin would have been hung from the highest tree had he just come out with his findings and said “y’all stupid”. History is fucking packed with intelligent men that danced the dance in order to get published.

glassjawsh

^ FALSE, darwin came to prominence in post enlightenment England which by then was fairly tolerant of godless rhetoric. In fact Darwin probably received more criticism about the origin of species from the scientific community in england than he did from the church

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Fightlinker

Archives