Atheists

Home Forums Everything else Atheists

This topic contains 180 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Millertime 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 181 total)
  • Author

G Funk

I love this song! Pretty much can be applied to most religions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHcjXlS7Cnk

glassjawsh

end point being (other than derek being a total dick about all this) is that even though i am pretty sure that it’s all bullshit. I refuse to deny the overwhelming positive impact that religion has had on my mom (who has a master’s degree in education) and my dad’s (who fought in vietnam) lives.

they are in their 60′s and don’t fear death at all because they are 100% certain that there is something wonderful waiting for them on the other side. and even if there’s not, you’d have to be one hell of prick to try and take that comfort away from them because you think you’re so enlightened.

If i was an atheist id live in fear of death every waking second.

frickshun

^^Why?? I’m (quietly) an atheist. When sweet death cums for/on me…..I cease to be. That’s it. I will only exist in the minds of the people I touched (inappropriately). Why does there have to be an endgame other than living a fulfilled life? Religious people are so proud of their supposed morality. I’m just as moral w/o the bullshit pretense of “believing in a higher power”. I worship nothing but love (cue Michael Bolton/Celine Dion mix tape).

Omomatta

I don’t fear death, however, I’m unsure if everything just ends, or if I will be reincarnated. How can I be so sure of something I’ve never seen before? Either way….I don’t believe that there’s a heaven or hell…..but I may be leaning towards believing that souls are recycled. I know, I know….I always wanted to visit Valhalla and drink sweet ambrosia and bone giant blonde bitches.

For me it is the understanding that death is the only thing in life that is guaranteed. So, live your life to the fullest, love to the fullest, don’t be such a dick (all of you), and don’t live in fear of the inevitable. I guess the thought of a big giant prize at the end of your life could keep you moving forward…..but, shit…..I don’t like promises, they’re always meant to be broken.

On a side note…I watched the greatest Nat Geo show about the creation of earth last night. It’s old (2005) but fuck me…..that show is a Christian’s nightmare. There wasn’t anywhere that said “Let there me motherfuckin’ light Nigga.” “Let there be grass, fucking trees, goddamn water, men, bitches, baby jesus, whatever.” Just a big meaty ball of magma floating in space being struck by other smaller masses.

frickshun

^^Rich Franklin doesn’t want you as a fan.

Omomatta

Too bad…He’s stuck with me.

I like how Omo almost broke into a rendition of miracles at the end there.

G Funk

I like how DJ actually knows that song well enough to compare it to something.

i dont fear death and i dont think most athiest do either. Religious people do or they wouldnt worhip invisible people who promise them another life after they die.

btw i dont count Buddhism as a religion but more like a set of beliefs/ideas fulfilled by lazy asians and hippies. I have a problem with religions that force themselves on you like Christians and Muslims, jews dont count since they really dont care about other people unless they are trying to burn them.

Letibleu

…I would like to start by thanking God for keeping me safe in the cage…

I guess God was pissed at Brian Olsen May 5th 2006.

Letibleu

this is a fun one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzkhG4JxieQ

You might not want to be eating when watching #6 and on…

Not as bad as the MMA puker video though.

SO YOU WANT TO BE A FIGHTER. After watching this video if you still want to be a fighter, go forth and try it.

I like how DJ actually knows that song well enough to compare it to something.

JUST SHUT UP!!! THEY’RE ALL AROUND YOU!!

Omomatta

I know nothing about ICP….or about Religion….or about Atheists…or about MMA.

frickshun

YEAH RIGHT

Rev-Tell that to a buddhist.

I don’t get why atheist don’t just call themselves anti-christians.
    And jews don’t care about you because they think they are better than you–that’s why they only want to marry within their religion–no one else is good enough.

Where I live anybody who has a religion is persecuted. Atheism is pushed down my throat, it’s all just bullshit. I don’t care what you believe in, I would never tell you you are wrong, so don’t say anything about what I believe in. Live and let live.
    Who are you to say what I believe in is made up?

I’m not saying there are not religious freaks, because there are. Recognize you fuckers are doing the same exact thing.

And btw-anybody who truly follows and believes in God doesn’t fear death; they embrace it.
    Ps-Buddhism preaches rebirth, the better you are(or more good karmas you do), the happier rebirth you get, and vice verse. Oh wait, it’s not a religion at all. I forgot.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Fightlinker

Login

Archives