twitter google

Chael can’t reapply for a license until May 2012

Home Forums MMA Related Chael can’t reapply for a license until May 2012

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mixed Martial Adam 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

According to MMAFIghting:

“CSAC executive officer George Dodd told MMA Fighting on Thursday that the soonest Sonnen could reapply for a fighter’s license is May of 2012, though he could apply for a second’s license to corner other fighters sooner.

“One of our rules, in our Title IV [of the California Code of Regulations], stipulates that you have to wait one year after an appeal of your suspension or revocation of license. And since he appealed this [on May 18, 2011], it’s one year from the day of denial.”

In other words, Sonnen will either have to sit the next twelve months out or else try and get a license to fight in another commission’s jurisdiction. That most likely rules out Nevada, but several other states – not to mention the U.K., Europe, and Japan – would still remain viable options.

That is, if the UFC is willing to promote a fighter who is still officially denied a license from a major commission like California.”

Personally I couldn’t be happier. No realtor’s license, no fighter’s license – awesome. It boiled my blood to see him walk away from real estate fraud without a scratch (after ratting out his peers) after everything he’s said and done. Good luck with the next 12 months bud. 

I want nothing more then A.Silva to lose his belt( he wasted 1.5 years being an arrogant ass in the cage) so this makes me sad. Hopefully Okami can do it?. At least there one less scum bag realtor.   

Okami can and will.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.