For you ImageShack haters, picture host test

Home Forums Everything else For you ImageShack haters, picture host test

This topic contains 13 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  agentsmith 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

agentsmith

I use ImageShack to host the pics for my articles, but some folks have been complaining that all they see is some kind of “frog” error image.  So as a wise man once said, “Bear with me here, I wanna put you through this little exercise.”

I’m gonna link the same pic of the very-fine Corissa Furr from each of the three major image host sites, you guys tell me which ones you do or don’t see.  This will also serve as a test as to what they will or won’t delete due to “nudity” rules.

#1, the usual ImageShack:

#2, TinyPic:

#3, Photobucket:

Another thing to consider is that if you’re viewing this from at work, some corporate (or military?) firewalls block certain picture hosts.  So it could be just your employer being all Nazi-ish and shit.  But if we can find a host that works for all (or at least most) of you, I don’t particularly care which one I use.

chim55

tinypic never loads for me, i cant find a solution either, and ive looked hard.

Somethin called jumbo packets/frames causes this, but i dont have that feature on my network adaptor, so idunno.

Grappo

I don’t use Photobucket anymore except as storage.  I’ve got like 3 accounts and the bandwidth gets crushed every month from people hotlinking.  Tinypic has a habit of deleting your images, but instead of giving you a 404 image or something, they just reuse the url and you might end up with a pic of Justin Bieber plastered on your post.

Imagevenue would be good for for Spank Tanks/gallery posts, but they don’t allow full-size image hotlinking, or gifs, only clickable jpg thumbnails which i’m not even sure will work on here…

Imagevenue thumbnail test

-

The answer is FTP!  :\

Makinal

all ok except the stupid frog

greenseed

all work for me

FiveBoltMain

All green lights on my end, even imagevenue worked.

good to go

iamphoenix

everything but imageshackfuck worked for me.

glassjawsh

ive never had any problem with anything except that i get the stupid “brb!” message whenever i try to get to FL using chrome

luckily im not a fucking moron and switched to opera and now everything works fine

thingvolds

does img src code work on here or do you need a star membership

CAP

All good in this hood.

frickshun

All work for me. Bow before my internet access.

agentsmith

Okay, I’m gonna go with Photobucket for awhile, and we’ll see how that goes.

The Corissa Furr spank tank is now updated accordingly.

Komodo

All good here as well.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Fightlinker

Login

Archives