Gus let me down

Home Forums MMA Related Gus let me down

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  CAP 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

CAP

And this time it’s not because of his makeup.

I was watching the Vikings/Chiefs game on FOX this weekend.  Because a Packer fan loves seeing the Vikings fail, it’s very entertaining.

There was a familiar voice in the booth, that of Gus Johnson.  During the game an advertisement for UFC on FOX: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos splashes the screen.  Gus goes through the motions of detailing the event for the heavyweight title and when it airs.  His partner in the booth, Charles Davis, seems genuinely interested and excited for the event and asks Gus since he is “tied closer to that world” how they match up asking if this is striker versus grappler etc.  Gus just says matter of factly, “they are mixed martial artists.”  And that was basically it, no other elaboration. 

I just thought it was a perfect time to give a little extra information about the fight and he fell short.  I know it’s not his job to sell it over the top but given his involvement I expected more.  He could have touted this being a match up of the #1 and #2 best heavyweights in the sport, one of the best boxers going against a high level wrestler with cardio for days.  But he offered no build up on either fighter.  It makes me question his MMA knowledge, but that was brought to light when his dream match up was Anderson Silva versus Cung Le.

I’m sure I’m a little oversensative on this but I am pumped at the perfect storm coming for the UFC’s debut on FOX with what should be an excellent Heavyweight Title fight.  Gus had a chance to translate that to the masses and I feel he fell short in my opinion.

agentsmith

He’s probably butt-hurt that Zuffa hates him.

iamphoenix

frickshun

I feel your pain, Cap.

Phoeniggz–>WTF is going on in that pic??

iamphoenix

its gus johnson and mauro combined.

CAP

^creepy (more than usual)

frickshun

It’s weird as fuck. Don’t do that again please.

G Funk

Wasn’t funny until Penix explained! :-)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Fightlinker

Login

Archives