twitter google

random writer for SI you’ve never heard of hates on Penn/Overeem, manages to look like bigger douche than snowden/subo

Home Forums MMA Related random writer for SI you’ve never heard of hates on Penn/Overeem, manages to look like bigger douche than snowden/subo

This topic contains 19 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  glassjawsh 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

brings up several interesting debates in his hyperbolic mishmash of word spittle.

1. is Alistair Overeem to blame for the hype that follows him?

2. is BJ Penn a disapointment?

3. Is Vitor Belfort a disapointment?

and yes i am throat deep on both fighters cocks

I remember starting to come across this guys articles right at the beginning of 2011. I read a few and then avoided him more diligently than STD’s. I had forgotten about him. He writes like he was the final authority on MMA. I hope he is on a few peoples shit list.

Snowden also said that BJ was/is overrated, for what it’s worth.

Yeah looks like he was a baseball guy who moved to the MMA beat at the end of 2010. Agreed that it’s a big mash of general stupidity. Overeem has made his name over the past few years more off his kickboxing than the MMA. It’s really no different than an olympic wrestler coming into MMA to great acclaim, excpet Reem has already been involved in MMA and knows what he’s doing so people are spazzing. Is he overhyped? Sure. But people expect great things from him and he’ll be floating around that top echelon for the next few years. What’s wrong with that?

As for Penn never being great, Mr Baseball here obviously needs to go back and watch some old fights.

Not to shit on MMA but this guy obviously was demoted. Demoted to somthing he obviously loaths. Should not be too hard to help him to get fired…

As for Penn never being great, Mr Baseball here obviously needs to go back and watch some old fights.

I’m pretty sure he wants to be fired.

This fool needs to get a clue. And shouldn’t there be a new REEM episode dropping before the weekend??? Maybe they are saving it for after.

If they haven’t dropped a vid during the week before the fight, they are waiting until after the event, I hope.

I think the guy’s an ignorant idiot – but I don’t necessarily think we should campaign to get him fired. Perhaps he needs a bit more seasoning, and if he’s consistently this far off with his writing Sports Illustrated will weed him out on their own.

That being said, Overeem does feed into the hype that follows him. He doesn’t cause it, but he certainly enjoys entertaining the “greek god/warrior” persona. His documentary series “The Reem” is a testament to that fact. But he’d be an idiot if he didn’t play that role as the attention is extremely profitable and he has the skills to back it up.

And yeah, I can’t bring myself to read shit like this.

B.J. Penn deserves to have the fallacy named after him because he is widely thought of as a top welterweight contender despite not having won an important fight in that division since January of 2004, and thought of by many as the uncrowned lightweight champion even though he was thrashed twice by Frankie Edgar, his obvious better, last year. No amount of evidence that Penn is not actually a great fighter will ever convince some large part of the public that he isn’t one, because he looks like one, has the physical skills of one, and occasionally does things that a great fighter might do, such as lick an opponent’s blood off his gloves.

Same with Snowden, I can’t finish an article that is clearly designed to get a rise out of me. Shit on Subo all you like but the man actually goes out of his way to make sure his opinions stand on some facts or logic.

This guy is shitting on BJ Penn as if he never won and defended the lightweight strap with a reign of violence that saw high level 155’ersget  batterd, bloodied and mentally broken. Penns destruction of Joe Stevenson stands as a beating so savage that it was phased in and then out of his highlight reel due to the fact that in fragments one could mistake the fight as a murder. And if you can’t appreciate the fact that he smashed Hughes 2 out of 3 times and went to a draw with a top 3 welterweight in Jon Fitch.

You know what, I’ve wasted enough time on this douche and his articles, fuck him and his unreadable rabble rousing articles.

BJ Penn is a legend. Who the fuck is this guy to shit on him b/c he’s coming to the end of a spectacular career, the heights of which this dipshit will never see??

Yeah, Reem is overrated, so fucking what. He should direct his barbs to other MMA journos, not Reem fans.

I’m going to fuck this guy in the ass w/a broken beer bottle dipped in battery acid.

^ hahahahaha tremendous

i actually have no problem with subo, but since so many others do i added him to the title

and anyone who discounts Penn’s legacy has no business making money in connection to the sport. hope this guy gets booted, FAST

So beating Matt Hughes in 2004 was an “important fight”, but it wasn’t in 2010?  Sure Hughes wasn’t the champ in 2010, and isn’t what he once was in general, but beating him is still a solid win for anyone.

And like Blackula said, BJ came the closest to beating Jon Fitch that anyone not named GSP has done in almost 10 years.  Sure he didn’t win, but it still means something when a natural lightweight can take the #2 fighter and #1 power-blanket in the welterweight division to a draw.

I agree that the fanboy-ism that BJ basks in is a bit much, but come on… there’s no denying how good the guy is.  If he wasn’t too goddamn lazy and selfish to train like others train these days, he might still be a champ.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.