twitter google

Redbox Kinda Sucks

Home Forums Everything else Redbox Kinda Sucks

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  thingvolds 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

thingvolds

now that netflix basically doubled their prices and is at risk of losing many of their studio contracts, ive started looking at the other options. theres a few redbox kiosks near me, and they seem to be popular, so i checked out their website and some reviews. the selection is really fucking bad. mostly box office flops or other movies i would never sit through. most of the blu ray movies ive never even heard of. not to mention the only game they currently offer that i would play is mortal kombat or black ops (but who doesnt already own black ops?) and then theres the customer reviews, which range from hundreds of “i was charged $56.91 for one rental and customer service refused to refund me”, to “disk skipped, didnt play” or “no copies were available at any location near me” etc etc.

i might have to look into blockbuster again.

thoughts?

G Funk

^ You sooo don’t have money.

thingvolds

i have plenty of money. i could retire right now and be secure for the rest of my life. one of the reasons i do have money, is because i dont throw money away unneccesarily. but more important than that, i refuse to spend $30 every time a blu ray i might like comes out, or $20 every time i see a dvd im interested in. have you ever seen the records on how much hollywood moguls have given to the campaigns or pac’s of people like hillary clinton, ubama, etc? speilberg, martin sheen, jeffrey katzenberg, rob reiner – these guys directly or indirectly funnel millions and millions of dollars into our corrupt, rotting partisan system in order to keep it corrupt, rotting and partisan. i dont want to directly enable this if i dont have to.

if you quit playing with your box it wouldnt be so red

glassjawsh

anyone who has Internet and pays to watch movies is a complete dumbass. letmewatchthis.ch and a 15 dollar chord that connects your computer to your tv screen. end of thread

iamphoenix

piracy is awesome and free.

thingvolds

i do sometimes use stream sites or torrents for shit like documentaries or instructionals. for instance, i downloaded about $500 of pedal steel instructional dvds the other day. but when im going to watch something like batman or xmen or even a movie like into the wild, i want it on blu ray or at least hd dvd. especially if im having some chick over. you dont want them to see you scrolling through a list of mostly low res bollywood movies or box office flops, hoping to find something decent so you can plug your laptop in and watch it.

and dont ever pay $15 for an hdmi cable when you can get them for a few bucks plus shipping online. get one on newegg for $5 and put the other $10 towards something good like a gram of pepperhead. or better yet, put all $15 towards a tv with intergrated wi-fi.

frickshun

Volds–>Unlike the bitter souls on here……I actually don’t intensely dislike you. I thought Redbox was supposed to be as good as a Blockbuster. I don’t like any movie enough to own it & I’m never in a rush to see anything. There are classics I haven’t seen so I can wait for the new ones. I have Netflix & it serves me pretty well. If you really want to show a chick you have a brain, watch a documentary on Netflix. Way more thought-provoking & less guy-like. Faggot.

thingvolds

yeah to be honest i found myself watching mostly documentaries on netflix after awhile. music documentaries, political documentaries, nature documentaries, etc. i might keep netflix streaming just for that. my membership is currently “on hold” until i decide.

Letibleu

Let’s hug it out.

iamphoenix

Let’s rub it out.

Omomatta

Netflix is a great deal. Just the other day I got to watch Method Man’s “The Strip Game”……Tell me you can find a gripping saga like that on Red Box? Sheeeeeeit Beaaaaaatch!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Fightlinker

Archives