twitter google

UFC Primetime on Fox

Home Forums MMA Related UFC Primetime on Fox

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Grappo 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Was expecting something different than what we normally get from the Countdown shows, but it was more of the same (which is still pretty good). 

Did Junior get divorced or something?  Or maybe the producers thought his wife isn’t “camera ready”.  They showed a lot of Cain’s home and immediate family (and well-known training partners like Cormier and Koscheck) but Junior’s wife was noticeably absent, and no real insight shed on his home life.  Also no other Black House members were featured, or even mentioned.  Just his boxing coach Dorea, and a bunch of unnamed guys you’ve probably never heard of anyway.  Seemed a bit weird.  I figured that it would be a good way to introduce Silva/Nog/Machida etc to the FOX football audience…  maybe they really don’t train together that often.  Or just less so now that JDS shitcanned Soares.

Also a stunning lack of fight footage on display.  You’d think they’d be hyping the shit out of the beatdown Cain gave Lesnar and Nog, or Junior’s awesome KO’s, but they are only shown in split second shots and Lesnar isn’t even identified by name.  Seems like missed opportunities.

anyway, here it is if you haven’t seen it.

I watched a shitty football game instead. I saw the spot with Cain with the NFL on FOX guys and they also hardly showed any of the Lesnar beatdown there either. I figured that would be a huge selling point for him. Makes me wonder if they are trying not to TAINT poopyguts image.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.