* Mike Fagan at Bloody Elbow termed the people crying about this card as “whiny little farts.” I- at this moment – completely agree. Enjoy competitve match-ups or GTFO.
* Further elaboration – when you reach the end of a fifteen minute fight and genuinely don’t know who won. how on God’s green Earth is that a shitty fight?
* I reiterate and defend my Guillard over Melendez prediction. If you stand with Melvin, you lose, and if you go to the ground with Melvin, he gets up pretty quickly. Guillard = my favorite sub-30 fighter with 60+ fights. Jeremy Stephens should listen to his corner more instead of trying to counter a guy that’s faster than him for three rounds.
* Sean Sherk ain’t done. I thought that his proclivity to box was due to his knees being shot, but I was incorrect, my friends – Sherk still has takedowns and mad clinch strength, and he seems to have learned that his T-Rex appendages lend themselves better to close combat. Dunham deserves credit for lasting the distance (and almost subbing Sherk), not scorn for failing to win. Sherk’s losses = Matt Hughes, GSP, BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar. Suck it, haters.
* I told a friend of mine that his boyfriend was fighting tonight. He responded “Chris Lytle’s fighting tonight?” Who doesn’t love the guy? Four straight wins. Again, haters – suck it. Put this man against whomever loses between Nate and Yushin.
* Ba-der, Ba-der, Ba-der! Maybe it’s time for Leland Roling to admit that I was right and he was wrong. Then again, the odds of that are about the same as the odds that Lil Nog is, or ever was, a top five LHW. Wrestling uber alles. I can taste your tears from here. Watch out, Bones – I think Darth might have something for you.
* There should be a law stipulating that Frank Mir must always fight people larger than he is. Mirko is pretty much Couture’s size at HW, and refuses to this day to even consider making the dip to 205. Those that belittled the idea of the new HW division must be ashamed now that they see what a lesser skilled, larger man can do against a legend like CC. As for Mir, let Carwin kick his ass again or something.
* I hate CB Dollaway, but that was pretty fucking sweet however you slice it.
* I can’t possibly end this on a compliment for Dollaway, so I’ll once again echo what Fagan said: watching fights between amazing mixed martial artists is what brought me here, and it’s what’s keeping me here. I’d prefer the Powers That Be satisfy THAT urging rather than worry about the mainstream media or fickle-ass casual fans. Tonight was about MMA, folks. That’s what it’s supposed to be about.