When James Irvin was a child some witch must have cursed him or something because I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a fighter who’s had a worse string of luck than him. Here’s the updated list of shitty things that have happened to him recently:
- fell out of cage in Strikeforce vs Bobby Southworth, injured leg
- knee exploded vs Thiago Silva at UFC 71
- got illegally KO’d by Luis Cane at UFC 79
- broken foot cancels fight against Rashad Evans at UFC 85
- got hooked on methadone for broken foot
- got suspended 9 months for being hooked on methadone for broken foot
- blew out his knee again, which cancels his comeback fight against Drew McFedries at UFC 98.
Sounds to me like 90% of his problems are leg-related. Perhaps he should just go ahead and cut one or both of those off before they get him into more trouble.
*UPDATE* Professor X will step in to try and redeem himself for the one sided domination Denis Kang laid upon him. I kinda got a kick out of his kicks so it will be interesting to see if he can get anything started against McFedries.