For the second day in a row, we’re having to cover Jared Shaw’s comments on this or that. This annoys the fuck out of me because … well, Jared Shaw annoys the fuck out of me. Could EliteXC pick a worse mouthpiece than this nepotistic douche? Me thinks not. But the funny feeling I get is that no one really made Jared ‘the voice’ of EliteXC … he’s just kinda going out there and trying to fill that role on his own.
In response to a story that appeared on FightLine.com that claimed a fight between Kimbo Slice and Brett Rogers had been “confirmed for October,” Shaw said he was mis-quoted in the piece. He clarified his position by stating that “A fight could possibly take place between Kimbo and Rogers within the next 12 months” but added that nothing has been made official. Shaw believes that the two are destined to fight but that it’s not expected to happen until scheduling and the proper platform can be worked out.
Shaw also responded to a Sherdog.com report that claimed Antonio Silva had agreed verbally to fight Sergei Kharitonov for the vacant EliteXC heavyweight title during the SHOWTIME portion of the next installment of “Saturday Night Fights” on July 26 in Stockton, Calif. He issued a clear denial, saying “That fight is 100 percent not happening.”
When asked about whether an opponent was in place for Silva, Shaw indicated that one has been selected that is worthy of fighting for a title but that a deal was in the process of being finalized.
He also expanded on his dad Gary spending less time at EliteXC, saying it’s because “the Tim Russert episode really struck a cord [sic]” and now he’s going to concentrate on his health and family. Hey, that’s all well and good if it’s true, but personally I think it smells like bullshit. It will be interesting to see how all of Jared’s claims hold up with time. Until he develops some kind of track record for not being a total retard and telling the truth, I’ll be taking everything he says with a huge grain of salt.