On the Bandwagon:
- Joe Lauzon: The guy steamrolled Jason Reinhardt and is only going to get better. No matter how much of a goof he is, I can no longer keep claiming he’s just been lucky up to this point. The boy’s got some serious skills.
- Akihiro Gono: I haven’t gotten to see the fight, but I saw all I needed to see from the 10 second highlight. Zebra stripe tights and a sick armbar to boot? Sign me up for the Gono express!
Off the Bandwagon:
- Michael Bisping: No, I’m not off the Houston bandwagon like the rest of the universe. But I am off the Bisping bandwagon. I gave him a pass when he almost fucked up against Elvis. And then I gave him a pass on the Hamill fight because really … who really expected Hamill to show up with firepower out of the blue? But at this point I’m sick of Bisping … he had two rounds with a gassed Rashad Evans to win my loyalty and he blew it.
- Spencer Fisher: I think Cung Le has better takedown defense than Spencer Fisher … the King looked like an absolute scrub in this fight and if you’re gonna pick one fighter who was ‘exposed’ in this event, it was Fisher.
- The fact that Rashad Evans gassed hardcore (again).
- The fact that Frankie Edgar had nothing in his toolbox past takedowns and guard passing.
- That Bisping got some karmic payback for the Hamill fiasco. I gotta agree, if Bisping didn’t have some serious douche points that needed redeeming I probably would have been angry about that judgment. That said, the only thing that could have made that match more farcical was a tie.
- That Houston Alexander has been ‘exposed’. Like his lack of ground game wasn’t already as obvious as a gigantic 50 foot penis shooting multicolored laser beams.
- That Karo can’t finish fights. Welcome to what we knew last year, people.