- Bellator prelim bouts are like Clif Bars – sometimes they can make for a tasty snack, but damn are they the farthest thing from real food.
- You know what’s awesome? When a fighter’s ground and pound consists of a double-axe handle, and it actually gets a stoppage.
- Joe Riggs defeated some dude named Mike Bronzoulis to win the debut season of the SpikeTV reality show “Fight Master”, and the feat earned Riggs a cool $100,000. That sound you just heard? That was a thousand TUF veterans looking at the contracts they signed and the negative balances on their bank accounts, and crying out in anguish simultaneously.
- Seriously, UFC castoff Riggs won a hundred thousand clams for winning a reality TV show no one ever saw? What a country!
- Win or lose, Daniel Straus was going to have one heck of a party after Bellator 106. One. Heck. Of. A. Party.
- Emanuel Newton defeated King Mo once again, and for the life of me, I still don’t know who Emanuel Newton is. Was he one of the guys who formed the Black Panthers?
- Look, I love a great, back-and-forth battle as much as the next guy, but what Eddie Alvarez and Michael Chandler keep doing to each other whenever they fight… It’s like watching two drawn-out torture sessions. These men are literally chipping away at each other’s lifespans.
- It was a fantastic fight though – am I right?
Front-Page Photo Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Spor