Trivia questions are all fun, but I find fun facts a lot better because they don’t make me feel all dumb. Here’s an awesome list of fun facts from Ultimate MMA. I’d give the guy more love but for that lame disclaimer at the top of his page to all the Sherdoggers. Dude, who gives a fuck what Sherdog forum users think. They’re SUB-HUMAN. They’re like … worse than the terrorists at Guantanamo Bay. In fact, if Mike Huckabee wins and he does Guantanamo times a hundred, then maybe we’ll have room for all those bastards. The Sherdoggers, not the terrorists.
Here’s some highlights from the list (SORRY SHERDOG ZOMG):
24. UFC Light Heavyweight contender Forrest Griffin’s very first MMA bout was against Dan “The Beast” Severn.
23. Evan Tanner has more triangle choke submission victories than anyone in MMA ever.
20. Rickson Gracie (claims to have won over 400 fights without a loss) the supposedly undefeated in all competitions has at least one loss from the 1993 U.S. Sambo Championships in Norman, Oklahoma, where he was defeated by American Ron Tripp by Total Victory via uchi-mata in 45 seconds. Rickson disputed this loss, claiming he was misinformed of the rules of the event.(props cavar)
13. The much discussed Fedor loss due to a cut against Tsuyoshi Kohsaka, was actually a cut reopened. Fedor suffered the cut in his fight with Ricardo Arona prior to fighting TK. Fedor still claims that TK used an illegal strike.
11. UFC Ring announcer Bruce Buffer has a Jiu Jitsu black belt and fought as a kick boxer.
7. Travis Fulton has an MMA record of 185-45-9 and of those fights only 20 went to decision, his nickname of “Ironman” is fitting.
2. Shooto is the oldest MMA organization on the planet. It started in 1985.(props cavar)