I want to apologize to the average MMA fans who come here for general MMA news. We’ve been spending a lot of time talking backroom politics and business bullshit, and I promise that the moment something actually involving fighting happens, we’ll be the first to talk about it. Oh what? Werdum vs Gonzaga in January? Okay, I’ll try to find something funny to say on that which isn’t racist towards Brazilians.
Now onto a new feature we’re calling “The Kevin Iole Retard Watch”. The point of this is to point out every single stupid thing Kevin says. Well … if we were to do that, we’d just be reprinting most of Kevin’s articles here. I’ll leave that bitter rancid pill for the MMAJunkie guys to swallow. For now, here’s Kevin’s latest round of mistakes from his mailbag:
- Said Ryo Chonan was a middleweight. Oh if only this were true, then it would mean Karo Parisyan had moved up a weight class to fight him. Karo as a middleweight would be awesome … perhaps he’d actually get a title shot then? But alas this isn’t the case because Kevin Iole is a retard who probably looked Ryo Chonan up on the Sherdog Fight Finder. Chonan has moved down to welterweight.
- Claimed fans called him a liar over the signing bonus thing. No, fans called Kevin a liar over the claim that Randy’s contract would pay him 13 to 15 million. This ‘fact’ was spread across the fight community to such a degree that many think Randy’s decision to hold a press conference was mainly to rebut the bullshit information Kevin ‘reported’.
- Claimed “I’m not sure how I made Couture out to be a bad guy” and then followed up with this statement: “I believed from the first moment, that this was an issue about money. I’m not faulting Couture for wanting more money; but you’re denying the obvious if you think it’s anything but that”. Jeez, how could that make Couture look like the bad guy?????
- Our final retard watch post is to point out how obviously in Dana’s pocket Kevin Iole is. Kevin once again shows his insider status by casually dropping the fact that he was in Dana White’s office on Monday looking at Randy’s paychecks. This is on top of the several phone calls where Kevin allows Dana to rebut what Randy Couture is saying. Contrary to standard reporting procedure, Kevin didn’t bother to get in touch with Randy to see what his take was.
On top of this all, I like how Kevin’s article ends mid-sentence. Although to be fair, this mistake might be the fault of some 10 dollar an hour web monkey. Hope you enjoyed this issue of “Kevin Iole Retard Watch”. We’ll see you next time (and every time) Kevin writes a dumb article regarding MMA.
If you’ve just emerged from living under a rock for the past 9 months, here’s what’s up: Sean Sherk tested positive for nandrolone and Phil Baroni tested positive for a delicious cornucopia of various steroids. Both were suspended for a year, and today they’re getting a hearing in front of the CSAC. Well, they’re getting ANOTHER hearing. Both fighters have already appeared in front of the CSAC and they filed a motion to delay their hearings to ‘gather more evidence’.
The case is pretty stacked against both fighters. For Sherk, the best defense he’ll be able to muster is proving he unknowingly took nandrolone through supplements. Keith Keizer from the NSAC said the only way a fighter can be cleared in those conditions is if the supplement is on an ‘approved supplement’ list and batch tests confirmed it was tainted. Not fucking likely in this case, considering Sherk was ingesting over 30 different types of supplements a week.
For Baroni, I have no idea what his defense is gonna be, but he and his agent did sound like they had all sorts of evidences and such to prove he was innocent. So it’ll be interesting to see what happens there. Baroni’s prospects look even worse than Sherk’s, though. While both are pretty much guaranteed to be found guilty, at least Sherk is going to walk out with a reasonable excuse for his accidental doping.
But one thing is for sure: if Sherk’s assface lawyer tries to get another extension and delays this any more, I’m gonna flip my goddamn lid. I honestly couldn’t give much of a shit either way what happens here … I just want the lightweight belt out of limbo. And since Dana White seems unwilling to strip his good buddy till the CSAC makes their final decision, it better be sooner rather than later.
It’s a well known fact around here that the commenters on Fightlinker are smarter and funnier than the guys who actually run the show. Today one of our regulars Swedish Guy got some more cutting edge insider news that I thought was worth sharing with you all:
Dana White’s personal HW Rankings
1 – Brock Lesnar
2 – Brock Lesnar
3 – Dana White
4 – Big John McCarthy
5 – Brock Lesnar
6 – Tim Sylvia
7 – Brandon Vera
8 – Brock Lesnar
9 – Ken Shamrock
10 – Forrest Griffin
11 – BJ Penn
12 – Brock Lesnar
13 – Frank Mir
14 – Cheick Kongo
15 – Andrei Arlovski
16 – Sean Gannon
17 – Heath Herring
18 – Brad Imes
19 – Eddie Sanchez
20 – Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
21 – Mirko Filipovic
22 – Fabricio Werdum
23 – Jonathan Wiezorek
24 – Wade Shipp
25 – Random UFC jobber
26 – Another random UFC jobber
27 – TUF 7 contestant (aka UFC jobber)
28 – Randy Couture
29 – That fuckin’ Fedor guy’s brother
30 – That fuckin’ Fedor guy
6,000,000,000 – Josh Barnett
One of the few things I’ve learned over the past week with these dumb press conferences is that most ‘journalists’ are mouth breathing knuckle dragging morons. They ask dumb questions, questions which have already been addressed 1000 times in the past, questions which have already been answered at the same fucking press conference! Questions with obvious answers, questions that make no sense, and questions which suck the cock of the person they’re asking.
One of the few guys that stood out against the trend was Steve Cofield aka Mr Sunshine. Steve got on the mic several times at yesterday’s UFC press conference and dogged the UFC about several key issues in this whole Randy Couture saga:
- When was the last time the UFC talked to Randy regarding this?
- What’s the scoop on the meeting two weeks ago when Randy voiced his issues?
- When is the cutoff for stripping Randy of the belt?
- Does Dana think Randy is leaving to fight for M-1?
- Was Fedor’s offer for more than Randy made?
If he had just asked the “Was Randy really the 2nd highest paid fighter in your organization?” question, then I could have just stopped listening to the conference all together because every important question would have been asked.
Anyways, that’s about all I had to say on this. The rest of you people who were there or in on the phone conference: get your shit together because you suck balls.