I like the MMA Analyst, but man are his articles long. And there are no pretty pictures to look at! If most MMA sites are the literary equivalent of a pop up book, MMA-Analyst is like reading Ayn Rand. Ayn Rand with an annoying RSS feed that reposts her longwinded objectionist bullshit over and over again for some reason.
Anyways, Mr Analyst took the time to write out all of Armando Garcia’s arguments regarding the Sean Sherk case from Sherdog’s radio interview. I guess he heard through the grapevine that his commission had the credibility of a strung out heroin addict at a Money Mart. He went the diuretic 1001 reasons route, but here’s his best arguments boiled down (ew, boiled diarrhea):
- Quest Diagnostics: Thousands of test per year. Suggesting that their process is flawed, it is an insult to the thousands of people that have tested clean before in California. It suggests that their tests may have been tainted and that person ended up testing clean.
- Contaminated supplements: “You must be responsible for every single thing you put into your body.”
- Xyience: Commented that when you bring in a test for a supplement that was positive for a substance that the lab doesn’t even test for, it is a “smokescreen”.
- Hearing process: Stated he is for the process of giving a fighter rights to an appeal, but not for “clever smokescreens”.
- Nandrolone levels: 50 ng/mL and 4 ng/mL are both positive, no difference because of the levels.
- Sherk’s evidence: Presented no evidence to suggest that a supplement produced the nandrolone positive
- Threshhold: Garcia confirmed the 2 ng/mL threshhold
It’s funny … I actually think Sherk tested positive as a result of tainted supplements. That doesn’t change the fact that he’s guilty … just because you didn’t know you were wearing rocket shoes at the race doesn’t change the fact that YOU HAD ROCKET SHOES FOR THE FUCKING RACE.
The sheer number of supplements Sherk was taking pretty much guaranteed he was gonna be getting some tainted shit somewhere along the line … it’s common knowledge that it’s a huge problem in the supplement industry and all real fighters know the score.
Sherk sealed his fate the second he hired scumbag lawyer Howard Jacobs to represent him. This guy has a history of throwing as much shit at the wall as possible to see what sticks. Of course, the only ‘shit’ that needs to be thrown is ‘the truth’ : Sherk wasn’t sticking needles in his ass, he was taking supplements.
Test the supplements, find the guilty supplement, present it to clear your name of being a willful cheat, take your suspension, sue the supplement company, move on with your life. Oh, and give the fucking belt up so you don’t cripple the lightweight division you selfish fuck.