You know it’s a slow news day when the biggest story is Paulo Filho going to the WEC. I’d write a post about that, but it’s too early and I don’t want to be putting anyone to sleep. Filho is more of a ‘bedtime story’ kinda guy. Past that it feels like this is the calm before the storm (figuratively, as God decided to ignore my prayers of rain for K1 Dynamite). Tonight is the IFL, tomorrow is K1, and Sunday is WEC. I’ll be heading to the airport in about 20 minutes to catch all three shows. Or not.
The important thing for you to know is that I’ll be gone all weekend, so don’t expect a whole bunch of posting going on. You can look forward to tons of coverage on Sunday, as well as a new episode of the Low Blow Radio Show Tuesday night around midnight EST. To tide you over and just to prove that I’m a Nostradamus when it comes to this kinda stuff, here’s my predictions for this weekend:
- Wolfpack beats Sabres
- Anacondas beat Tiger Sharks
- Brock Lesnar beats Min Soo Kim
- Sakuraba beats Royce Gracie if it’s a decision, Royce Gracie beats Sakuraba if it’s a stoppage
- Urijah Faber beats Chance Farrar (unfortunately)
- Mark Hominick beats Rani Yahya