Hey everyone, it’s oldschool sensation Pat Smith! Pat is one of the original UFC guys, fighting in UFC 1, 2, and 6 plus a ton of Japanese promotions. After nearly 7 years off the circuit, Pat has returned. He was actually in Montreal fighting about a month ago, but I fucked up and went to the venue on the wrong day and ended up seeing a fucking Eagles cover band. What a waste of 40 bucks that was.
Anyways, I don’t advise watching too much of the video because Pat Smith’s girlfriend may turn you to stone or some shit. To save you the trouble, here’s some of the key nuggets of wisdom from Mr Smith:
- Pat was the original Headhunter and challenged Paul Buentello for the name. Paul apparently pussied out
- He destroyed one of Randy Couture’s “top guys”
- He challenged Tim Sylvia, Wanderlei Silva, and Bob Sapp but no one would step up
- The fights are ‘way much more dangerouser’ in Europe and Japan than America
- Foreign tournament fighters are ‘stronger brain-thinking persons about themselves’ than their American counterparts.
- Joe Silva wants Pat Smith back in the UFC to fight Frank Mir