Jim Genia strikes again, detailing the rules changes Quebec’s RAJC demanded in order to allow UFC 97 to go on in Montreal:
* Georges St. Pierre’s beloved moose “Matilda” will be honored in a ceremony before the Anderson Silva/Thales Leites main event.
* All fighters exiting the locker rooms and making their way to the Octagon to compete must wear flannel.
* Water bottles must be diluted with maple syrup. Yummy maple syrup.
* Announcer Bruce Buffer must end every sentence with “eh?”
* Fighters will be penalized for cross-checking, high sticking and slashing. Penalty shots will be awarded.
* Commission officials will operate from an igloo set up cageside. No one is allowed to make fun of the igloo. No one!