twitter google

UFC 171: Dana White Not Sure If Condit-Woodley Winner Gets Title Shot

UFC 171: Dana White Not Sure If Condit-Woodley Winner Gets Title Shot

UFC president Dana White isn’t guaranteeing anything in regards to Saturday night’s UFC 171 co-main event bout between Carlos Condit and Tyron Woodley.

While most feel the winner will face the winner of Johny Hendricks-Robbie Lawler that takes place in the main event spot, White isn’t setting anything in stone.

“There’s no guarantees, anywhere, ever in life,” he told MMAjunkie.com.

Woodley (12-2) and Condit (29-7) both have stated that they feel their bout is for the No. 1 contender role, but the UFC boss is holding out to see what they bring. The card also features welterweight contenders Jake Shields and Hector Lombard, plus there is always the Georges St-Pierre card.

“They’re going to have to come out and perform,” White said. “We’ll see what happens.”

St-Pierre vacated the title last year, forcing the UFC to put it up for grabs. They selected Hendricks and Lawler to compete for the belt.

Follow Fightlinker

Archives